The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 济南建材：整体下跌 库存不高
- Fixed Income Securities
- 沈阳去年“卖地”收入锐减 今年供地再减一半
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 绿色建筑规划带动新型建材产业发展 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 浅析家具业未来发展的15个方向 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 杭州28岁房产销售患上消夜综合征 导致多种疾病: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 节能环保型家居建材2014整体走好 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
"My hair has turned white, half because of housing prices and half because of you reporters." JIANG WEIXIN, member of the CPPCC National Committee and minister of housing and urban-rural development, responding to media questions about government measures to curb housing prices
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 楼市寒流愈演愈烈 建材行业拐点倒逼转型
- 净水设备线上销售呈井喷式增长 市场接受度变高
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)